Friday, September 19, 2008

T.G.I.F.-Thank God It's Friday

People around the world look forward to friday's with great anticipation. Some people gather at local eateries, bars and theaters on friday's to enjoy the company of friends and love ones. Others look forward to friday's, so they can enjoy high school football games and pizza with their peers. While others look forward to friday's to enjoy quiet time with their significant others. Admittedly, i vividly remember some of those days, when i too looked forward to friday night football, pizza and partying with my peers. And to this day, i still look forward to friday's. For me friday night is family night. I thank God for friday's, because i look forward to spending time with my wife and kids. Each friday one of us is tasked with planning how we spend friday and what/where, we will dine. Although, i foot the bill 98% of the time, we give the planner the right to choose. Today was my turn and so i decided to catch the new movie, LakeView Terrace, starring Samuel L. Jackson. Afterwards, we went to Luby's, a cafeteria style restaurant. Later on we plan to gather in the living room to watch 88 Minutes, starring Al Pacino. Friday nights are also designed to share any concerns and needs that we might have and to do so freely. The biblical concept of family is under attack and family night is one of the ways, i seek to safe-guard my family from satan's attack. Again, I Thank God for Friday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful Pastor Lane, the time you spend with the family. I know it makes your family really appreciative when you take time out of your ministry to spend with them.

Keep it up.

Be Encouraged.

Tony R. (okc)