Monday, November 17, 2008

I'm Back!!!

Hello, my fellow bloggers. I know, it's been awhile, but in the words of Jack Nicholson, I'm Back. For the past month, I've been preaching, planning two national conferences, traveling and not to mention my pastoral and family responsibilities. I dont profess to have the preaching schedule of a Frank Ray, H.B. Charles, Jr., or Clinton McFarland, but I've been busy. Well, that's my story and I'm sticking with it.

This past sunday, I finished up a series of messages in which I entitled, Be-Attitudes. The first message came from Acts 27:21-25, entitled, Be of Good Cheer. The second message came from Philippians 4:4-9, entitled, Be Careful for Nothing. The third message came from Romans 12:1-2, entitled, Be Ye Transformed. The fourth message came from Philippians 4:10-13, entitled, Be Content and the final message came from I Corinthians 15:58, entitled, Be Ye Steadfast. Those who are interested in receiving the full outline to any of the aforementioned messages, I'll be glad to share them with you freely.

As I prepare to lead our congregation to close out the year strong, I'm torn between starting a series of messages on prayer or on the I am statements of Jesus.  I will tell you that I've already begun studying John 6:35;48-51, but please pray that the Lord's will be done. 

It has been my custom for the past three years to intentionally operate from my home office during the last two months of the year, as I seek God's direction for this incoming year. This year, our theme was Back To The Basics through Evangelism, Discipleship and Missions based on Matthew 28:16-20. This incoming year, our theme will be Ministering to the Whole Man: Mind, Body and Soul based on I Thessalonians 5:23-24.

I praise God that he has brought us to this point in human history and used us to win souls to Christ, disciple believers and support 4 missionary pastors in West Africa. I pray that God will use pastor and people to minister to the whole man in 2009. Fellow pastors and preachers, please keep us in your prayers and i will do the same. In the words of Arnold Schwarzenegger, I'll Be Back. 

3 comments:

Pastor Rev. Ray E. Owens said...

Dr. Lane, Good to see you back on the blog. I praise God for your gifts because your mind for preaching and teaching is amazing and The St. Matthew church is blessed because of your faithfulness.

Vietta P's two cents worth said...

Hello Son, I am glad to see you here. I was wondering what was hindering you from blogging. I see that you are not only busy closing out the year but, plans are already advanced for 2009. I hope that you and your family have a happy holiday season. Take care and be blessed.

Mom

Pastor Kraig L. Pullam said...

My brother, you have such a clear mind and frame of reference when it comes to preaching. Continue to keep up the good work; I enjoy your reading. Please know that you and the family are in our thoughts and prayers. I will be calling you soon - I know you are preparing your 2009 calendar and would like you to come this way. Be blessed and be encouraged!